Romantic getaways

I was reading a post on the 50 best romantic getaways today over at A cup of Jo.

While I was browsing through the slideshow shown here, I tried to think of my favorite places, the places on my “to visit” list.

Santorini (Greece) is most definitely #1 on the list.

Fira_Santorini,_Greece

Next would be Vienna (Austria) and Budapest (Hungary).

vienna

budapest

#3 (although I’m still undecided whether it should actually be #2) is the western coast of Ireland.

ireland

Bruges (Belgium) is also on my list. And I must admit the movie inspired me quite a bit in adding this on the list.

bruges

Amsterdam (Holland) of course is a must see as far as I’m concerned. Together with the superb tulip fields.

amsterdam

tulips

Savannah (Georgia, US) is definitely on that list. With its antique shops and carriage rides, and fountains, and gorgeous B&Bs. Who wouldn’t want to go?

savannah

Well, these are just a few of the places I’d want to see. While D and I are still childless and can enjoy the beauties of the world without worrying about diaper bags.

What about you, my darling readers, what’s your “must visit” list? I’d love to hear from you.

Photo credits: Amsterdam, Tulip field, Savannah, Bruges, Ireland, Budapest, Vienna, Santorini.

• Hmmm… Let’s see…

1.Slovenia
    2.Slovenia
    3.Slovenia

yup that’s about it.

• I’m not a big tourist. In fact, I hate doing the ‘tourist’ thing.

Find me a nice corner coffee-place and someone to chat with and I’m golden. It doesn’t matter what city we’re in.

• Check on Amsterdam, Vienna and Budapest.
    Actually Amsterdamn caused me to get frisked by the french police (after being stopped the 3rd time), but that’s another story.
    Geneva and Brussels are also a nice retreat. Not to mention that Switzerland has maaaaany maaaany cool places to visit. (and yea I do know the Brussels is not in CH) 😛
    I also love the English countryside. I actually visited a village next to Banbury (Hook Norton i think?) a couple of days ago, which was lovely.

I’d love to visit Egypt, the Mayan temples, Kuala Lumpur (for the Petronas Towers), that place in the Arab Emirates where they made their own islands, and a lot of other places that I can’t even remember right now.

• @Alex : It was a couple of years ago after finishing my internship in the UK. I had a friend that studied there so I took the opportunity and went :) It’s a VERY beautiful city…you have to visit it. Visit the flower market btw 😉

• Phil, when i read your comment I was trying to understand why I like traveling so much. I haven’t found anything yet! But I suspect it’s because I’m REALLY curious and want to see “new worlds and new civilizations” (damn Star Trek, always on my mind!)

• @Vlad: You lucky thing! When did you go to Amsterdam?