Life, universe and everything

Fuck yeah, Jane Eyre!

colin firth on reading

I share Mr. Firth’s view completely. At the moment I’m relishing in the last pages of Jane Eyre and the prism I see the world through is that of passion trying to defy and rise against reason, a passion which is rendered contagious through the book covers by the mere reading of words on a page.

Jane Eyre quote 2

Seriously, how cool is bad ass Mr. Rochester?

Jane Eyre quote

Beat that, Edward Cullen!

• Alex, trebuie neaparat sa vezi ecranizarea realizata de BBC (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780362/). Excelenta! Momentan astept cu nerabdare pe cea din 2011 cu Mia Wasikowska. Intre timp cred ca doar ce m-ai convins sa incerc sa recitesc romanul in engleza…

• I’ve heard only good things about the BBC miniseries from 2006 and I will definitely watch it.
    I’ve seen the 2011 movie with Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds, Hunger) and although the setting and acting was great, I think that to someone who didn’t read the book it wouldn’t seem extraordinary. Mia Wasikowska was spot on for Jane, but Fassbender, I found, was too pretty compared to how Rochester is described in the book.

• He was very wonderful.
    I completely agree with Colin. Reading transports me to another life.

• it’s rare that i read a novel. i only read for learning purposes or things that are non-fiction, if at all.

i know. i’m a walking contradiction. a writer who doesn’t read. so sue me.

but, love colin firth and that quite and that pic. and did love the snippets of the book… i heard that was a good one. 😉

• I’m sorry. You totally lost me Colin Firth. I’m going to go back and stare at his picture for awhile longer.

• Regarding Colin Firth, I expected a “you had me at hello” comment. LOL.

• I watched it last night. Didn’t find this Mr. Rochester too pretty, because, in all honesty, I don’t really find Fassbender all that pretty. Sexy and dangerous, check and check, but pretty, umm, not so much.
    And the movie floored me. I took me double the running time to watch it because I would go back and replay certain scenes over and over. However, I’m biased because it’s one of my favourite books, so I can’t really speak to its appeal to the uninitiated.

CommentLuv badge