Photographic musings

This summer in Magdalen Islands

I’d like to show you guys some photos from our trip to the Magdalen Islands this summer. The views were breathtaking! Very Ireland-like. And if you scroll down, you’ll see pictures I took in a very cute restaurant, with a white&blue décor.

_MG_2855

IMG_0435

IMG_2886

IMG_2927

IMG_2900

IMG_3225

_MG_3072

_MG_3096

IMG_3383

IMG_3386

La mer enseigne aux marins, des rêves que les ports assassinent.

I don’t want to translate that, because saying it in English would spoil it.

• Is the restaurant Cafe de la Grave? Nice photos! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

• The restaurant with the colored chairs and the 2 people sitting at a table is Cafe de la Grave, yes. We didn’t stay there though.
    The other pictures are from a place called Vent du Large (hope this is the right name).

• Wow these pictures are absolutely INCREDIBLE.
    The second picture looks like a place I’ve been in NZ: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caitysparkles/6146391949/

I am in love with pictures 4 and 5. They look like little toys…

• LOVE that second picture. I could stare at that all day! :)

• Alex, great photos! Did you use a tilt-shift arrangement for the 4th and 5th? What a great effect. Your photos are getting better and better (though my absolute favourite has always been that one you shared ages ago with the deer in the foggy, empty roads…I can’t believe I remember that!)

• Phil, I can’t believe you remembered that one!
    Yes, I did use a tilt-shift in those photos. I am loving the effect. Glad you like the pictures.

• Wow, those were indeed breathtaking. I’m glad I stopped by. And I hope you had a great weekend.

• Your photos are positively incredible! Some of them don’t even look real! It really is quite reminiscent of Ireland. And I don’t know how you left that restaurant — I would have tried to bring it home with me.